When you begin planning for an event, it is important to get all the ideas out of your head and sort through them. Here’s a process & checklist to help you do that.
STEP 1: Target orientation
• Why are we doing this?
• I would let someone flow in his ideas as long as they… did what?
STEP 2: End-user’s vision
• What would the closing note look, feel, and sound like?
• Who are the right team to be at the event?
• What type of environment do you want to provide?
• Legality of the project and impact to the general public and opportunities for response and follow-up?
STEP 3: Planing for the Unplanned
What to look for :
Attendance – who and how many? (guests, volunteers, staff, speakers/performers, etc)
• How many people do we expect?
• How will we accommodate them ?
• What is the impact expected form the audience ?
• How to create the Unique Selling Point?
• How to create a Win-Win situation ?
• Ensure the capacity will hold your estimated number of people.
• Is it the right place for the program you’re planning?
• What is the process for renting the space, and how much lead time do you need?
• What is the desired ambiance/looks? What kind of design will achieve that?
• What will you serve to eat and drink?
• Who will order, prepare, set-up and clean-up?
• Distribution of Invitations
• Manage the guest list
• Personal invitations using a variety of mediums like Phone, text, social media, etc
Logistics – Schedule, deliveries, transportation
• Promotional materials
• Publicity – develop a plan & coordinate with publicity working group
STEP 4: How to Organize
• Proper schedule
• Start with event date and work backwards
• Meeting the deadlines
• Workload sharing
• Communication among the teams
STEP 5: Course of actions
• Research vendors, costs, etc and begin building a budget
• Decision making
• Make rough draft of event schedule
• Secure volunteers
• Begin working on other details
Plenum provides 360 degree solutions to all the brainstorms of the Event putting it over our shoulder as our own. We are available 24/7 to provide a complete solution.
For more info. and queries please feel free to trouble us at : info@plenum .in